So Ugly It's Cute

We bought a house. It's ugly as sin right now, but it has so much potential to be cute. We're out to actualize that potential.

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Friday, April 25, 2008

Putting the Bathroom Back Together, Part 2

Generally, one paints before installing a tile floor, but, as mentioned in the previous post, we really needed our toilet back, so we decided to just deal with painting after the tile had been laid.

What better color to paint a bathroom than Pepto-Bismol pink?!


A rare picture of me, painting the bathroom.


Paint supplies on top of a carefully plastic drop clothed floor.

Now, if you've been paying attention, you know that we originally painted the bathroom gray. We had no choice - the bright blue it had been painted when we moved in was not going to work. We decided to keep the ceiling gray, but painted the walls the new color.


Pink bathroom! From the hallway.


Close up.

You'll notice that we just let paint get all over the tile work. See, those tiles are plastic and really chinzy. The plan is to get rid of them during Phase 2 of the Bathroom Remodel (perhaps coming Summer 2008!), when we redo the tub area.

Ok.

Now I hope you don't think I would *actually* be down with a pink bathroom...

Pink is really the color of the primer that Home Depot sells you, as a base coat for...

a RED bathroom!! Woooo! Brothel-icious! I'd been gunning to paint something in the house red, and the bathroom was the winner.



And I mean BRIGHT lipstick red. Rock. Is that a hip bathroom or what?

After about 20 gazillion coats, we had a bright red bathroom. Upon later research, I learned that a dark gray primer would've cut it down to only about 10 gazillion coats of red paint, but whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home