So Ugly It's Cute

We bought a house. It's ugly as sin right now, but it has so much potential to be cute. We're out to actualize that potential.

Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Monday, December 11, 2006

Boo!

My favorite holiday is Halloween. It also happened to be our first major holiday in our new house. So, of course, we had to do something!

But first, a little background...

Two weekends before Halloween, I was being my clumsy self. I usually try to compensate for this by being very careful about where I step. But as it happened, I was following a conversation between Evan and our friend Steve, and didn't account for a random curb in my path. Over I went. Crack went my ankle. And, ooh boy, did it hurt!

So I'm laid up in bed in traction all day that Saturday, and hobbling around on crutches with an ice pack strapped to my ankle for days after that.

And our death-trap of a front walk suddenly looks a lot more death-trap-y.



Yes, you're seeing that right -- those are cinder blocks, laid unevenly, right on top of the dirt. Very dangerous.

Evan decides we need to get rid of all those cinder blocks and dig out our front walk, so that we can some day lay down new pavers and have a real front walk. He spends a whole day, and an few additional evenings, digging down 8 inches, pulling out giant rocks, sawing random tree roots, laying down a layer of gravel, and leveling the whole walk. All the extra dirt is piled along the perimeter of the new walkway.

So now we have mounds of dirt and multiple flat rectangular bricks. And Halloween is fast approaching.

What would you do??







Spooooooky.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home